Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Why can't I stop looking for new way to ingest chocolate chips? They may be one of my favorite foods. I am constantly on this quest to find new ways to bake with them that minimize the guilt afterwards. 

So here's yet another. I made probably three batches of these in rapid succession because we'd no sooner finish one than I'd crave another. They are surprisingly soft and chewy and come together really quickly. Plus they are bite-sized and adorable. Oh, I want another one! This is making me hungry...

Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ingredients:
1/3 C. unsweetened applesauce
1/3 C. light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. milk or non-dairy milk
1 C. whole-wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 T. cornstarch
1/2-3/4 C. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine applesauce, sugar, vanilla, and milk in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until about halfway, combined, then add the chocolate chips. Continue stirring just until combined.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes or just until they hold their shape when very lightly touched. Do not over bake. But don't under bake either.

Yield: About 20 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment